Gain confidence and competence
in dealing with pain and injury
This course is the foundational accreditation for learning R+E+H+A+B and working as an
effective Rehab Trainer, teaching you the knowledge, skills and giving you the equipment,
to unofficially join the ‘rehab team’.
What you will get
- 3 days of powerful hands-on learning to prevent injuries and manage pain in every body region.
- 15 Fitness Australia CECs, 2.8 ACE credits, 20 REPS NZ, 16 REPS UK, 1.9 NASM, 2.0 NSCA points.
- Gain cutting-edge skills and equipment for risk assessment, myofascial release, movement re-education and activation drills.
- Manage and reduce your clients’ injuries, build client loyalty and word-of-mouth referrals.
Rehab Trainer is leading a fresh stream of education for the fitness industry: to create a new breed of Fitness Professional who is able to more effectively assess, rehabilitate and prevent low risk injuries from developing during their training of clients.
Our reputation has been built on quality, face to face, customised instruction provided by elite sports Physiotherapists and Fitness Educators. We are delighted with the feedback our students give us: more than 98% of our clients report feeling significantly more motivated, confident and knowledgable in dealing with their injured clients after doing our courses. And happily, this translates to happier clients, increased profitability, and a lower dropout rate for them, too.
After completing the Rehab Essentials course, Fitness Professionals will function according to the five-part “Rehab Trainer” model as a safe and effective method to achieve that goal. This model is quite distinct from the Physiotherapy model, therefore preventing the concern that professional boundaries are being crossed. Rather Rehab Trainers seek to strengthen old boundaries: specifically, that PT’s should never diagnose injuries, should refer injuries that are high risk immediately to an allied health professional, and should not engage in certain types of isolation exercises thatâ€¨are most effectively carried out by a physiotherapist. Therefore be assured – you are not attempting to become a Physiotherapist. You are becoming a more highly skilled Fitness Professional who has a new tool-box of skills with which to deal with the litany of small niggling injuries that plagues the fitness industry.
Rehab Trainers are encouraged to consider themselves a part of the “Rehab Team” for a particular client who has a low risk injury, in the same way that a massage therapist or physiotherapist might.
Injury management is NOT the exclusive domain of health professionals (Physiotherapists, Doctors, Orthopaedic Surgeons, etc). The exercise professional / coach / personal trainer who has the confidence and competence to work with an individual's unique biomechanics, and manage their aches and pains, holds the key to unparalleled success with their clients.
Let's be clear: you are NOT going to become a Physio by doing REHAB ESSENTIALS - instead you are becoming a new breed of exercise professional - specialised and extremely effective. Most graduates of REHAB ESSENTIALS are in high demand for their new skills and the role they can now play as part of the broader "Rehab Team".
The three-day REHAB ESSENTIALS course is the foundation of your Rehab skillset. (It is also a pre-requisite for the Rehab Masterclass.)
YOU WILL LEARN:
- exactly what to do when a client mentions their acute or chronic pain or injury in their spine, lower or upper body
- the unique R+E+H+A+B protocol, which allows you to blend your new knowledge and skills into your existing training sessions with clients
- how to screen a client’s injury to assess its “risk profile”
- to understand the biomechanics of the body better than most of your PT peers
- new stretching, trigger point, and myofascial loosening techniques
- the secret of developing rehab drills with the existing equipment in your gym; the right way to activate dormant stability muscles to promote safer training and rehab injuries
- how to work with health professionals to fix injuries faster and develop a referral base, and
- how to effectively use your new Rehab Toolbox, including Posture-pros, Rehab Dowel, Activation Tubing, Risk Assessment Cards, and Rehab Records.
YOU WILL experience:
- Functional Anatomy DVD innovative & unique rehab-training methods + SLOW-MO video analysis + extensive practical sessions in the gym
YOU WILL get:
- FREE Posture Pro, Rehab Dowel and "Activation Tubing"(Lockeroom products):
- Posture Pro - a loosening/self massage tool and instruction chart produced by Lockeroom Australia.
- Rehab Dowel – A tool designed for trigger point and, fitted through the Posture Pro, myofascial loosening.
- Activation Tubing - simple thera-tubing used to activate deep stabilizer muscles during exercise, often reducing greatly any pain during weights exercises in the gym - a concept designed for the Injury-smart PT and unique to Rehab Trainer.
- Full and extensive quality course manual in a hard-wearing binder for future reference
- Three full days of hands-on lectures and gym-based workshops
- Digital images for self-promotion as an "ACCREDITED REHAB TRAINER".
- Risk Assessment laminated cards to carry with you on the gym floor.
- End of course assessment and results.
- 15 CEC's certificate of accreditation with Fitness Australia, 2.8 credites with ACE, or 16 CPD with REPS UK, once assessment is passed.
- Ability to email anytime with client injury questions to Rehab Trainer.
- Access to exclusive library for Rehab Trainers with sports injury articles written by Australian Sports Physiotherapists, Ulrik Larsen and Chris Mallac
PS... Some of the most highly qualified Chek Certified PT’s who have done this course over the last six years are saying that REHAB ESSENTIALS is, indeed, essential if you want to have longevity as career Fitness Professional. Click here for some more amazing testimonials.